transalation - dive site geo lookup

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Oct 5 13:17:23 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 10:09:49PM +0200, Krzysztof Arentowicz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Could someone give me an explanation how dive site geo lookup options work?
>
> "Enable geocoding for dive site management"
> "Parse site without GPS data"
> "Same format for existing dives"
>
> I have no idea what they do and it makes translating somewhat difficult.
> These options are not covered in user's manual.

Yes, Willem struggles with the concepts as well.

I am actually considering (yes, I know, crazy) to remove these options
because they fundamentally seem redundant as they describe a feature that
is not yet fully implemented.

The first one ("Enable geocoding") should be selfexplanatory... it turns
on support for geocoding. But frankly, why do we need this? It no longer
happens automatically, the user has to trigger it per dive site. So the
preference setting is redundant.

And the other two ("Parse site without GPS data" and "Same format for
existing dives") both refer to things that we didn't have anyone
implementing (I ran out of time and energy).

So my suggestion is that I simply comment out that preferences page and we
always enable the geocoding option.

Comments, thoughts?