Testing beta 3

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Oct 5 13:50:40 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 05, 2015 at 02:45:04PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> On 5 October 2015 at 14:30, Steve <stevewilliams at internode.on.net> wrote:
> >
> > And the same message box that states:
> > subsurface.exe has stopped working
> >

> could you please:
>
> press the "Windows key" + R:
> type: eventvwr
>
> goto WindowsLogs -> Applications.
>
> there should be an Error about Subsurface crashing recently.
>
> copy / paste the text and send it here to the mailing list.

Faulting application name: subsurface.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp:
0x56114c6e
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.10240.16384, time stamp:
0x559f3e0e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00088fec
Faulting process id: 0xe18
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0ffadd569a93f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files
(x86)\Subsurface\subsurface.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\msvcrt.dll
Report Id: 44baed00-550b-4712-ace1-00da3991e4c4
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

- why is the version 0.0.0.0 ?
- what information does this give me?

That's so entirely not helpful, Microsoft...

Running it in the debugger shows me that get_local_dir() gets called with
an invalid remote pointer and passes an invalid pointer to strlen().

So the bug is in print_files() which calls is_git_repository() with
dry_run == true which causes that to return dummy_git_repository back to
us which is defined as 3ul which we definitely should not be
dereferencing.

Robert - you included a thinko in this one and I didn't notice it.
Bad, bad, bad.