TestRenumber

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Oct 6 06:40:21 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 03:11:05PM +0200, Miika Turkia wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it just me, or does TestRenumber_run fail for others too?  I'm not sure
> > if the test was introduced to demonstrate that something needs to be fixed,
> > or that something had been fixed (in which case the my system acts
> > differently from yours).
>
> I also get a fail on current master
> 14/16 Test #14: TestRenumber_run .................***Failed    0.13 sec

Hmm - much to everyone's surprise this is NOT what is expected.

I try to check in the test first (so it's not unusual that a test fails
when you are the commit on which the test was introduced), but usually the
next commit(s) is/are supposed to fix things...

So here at Subsurface HQ...

$ ./TestRenumber
********* Start testing of TestRenumber *********
Config: Using QtTest library 5.5.0, Qt 5.5.0 (x86_64-little_endian-lp64
shared (dynamic) release build; by GCC 5.2.0)
PASS   : TestRenumber::initTestCase()
PASS   : TestRenumber::setup()
PASS   : TestRenumber::testMerge()
PASS   : TestRenumber::testMergeAndAppend()
PASS   : TestRenumber::cleanupTestCase()
Totals: 5 passed, 0 failed, 0 skipped, 0 blacklisted
********* Finished testing of TestRenumber *********

$ cd ../subsurface ; git describe
v4.4.98-18-g9d8b0addf94c

But then again... my file system has the test files that you need for the
test to actually work... and I forgot to check those into the repository.

Usually running a test explicitly as I did above makes it easy to figure
out what's going wrong.

Anyway, I'll push the missing files and hopefully things should pass for
everyone else as well.

Sorry and thanks for catching this