Question - working on some German Translations

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Oct 6 13:20:22 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 08:12:59PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> On 6 October 2015 at 19:02, Guido Lerch <guido.lerch at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > All,
> >
> > Am I doing this correctly when working on translations to open the .ts fiel with QA Linguist ?
> > When doing this and when only saving the file after open (no changes) a git diff gives me
> > tons of changes - hence a simple patch would have lot of changes and Dirk will tell me worse :-)
>
> we use Transifex for translations:
> https://www.transifex.com/subsurface/subsurface/
>
> you could register an account there and join "subsurface team".
> if you have already done your work in linguist, transifex allows
> uploading files; never tried that option - i just use their web
> interface when translating.

Yes, doing translations in transifex really makes my life much easier.

> if the upload doesn't work. just consult with Dirk and send the
> translation as a patch, i guess.
> haven't seen translation patches sent to the mailing list in a while...

Correct - whenever people do that I take them and deal with them and then
request that they switch to doing the work on transifex.

So the same offer is of course valid for Guido. I'll take a patch and deal
with making it work. But I'd really prefer to have you just work on
transifex.

Thanks