three small patches for current git head

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 22:55:00 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 8:32 AM, K. Heller <pestophagous at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> When you pull the latest from github.com/torvalds/subsurface, if you (like
> me) are configured to open the default "username.xml" logbook on launch, you
> will likely discover a problem in commit e8a868aae of Oct 6.  See comments
> here:
>

> https://github.com/torvalds/subsurface/commit/e8a868aae2583fc3065b3ff150edb005cc32682b#commitcomment-13630347

How about sending another patch for this one? (This has worked just
fine for me, but I am sure this is an issue in some environments.)

> Also, I have provided two (unrelated) bug fixes at:
>
> http://trac.subsurface-divelog.org/ticket/912  and
> http://trac.subsurface-divelog.org/ticket/820

We generally prefer patches to be sent to the mailing list (to answer
your question in the bug comment). I personally use git send-email if
using properly configured laptop. You should tune the commit message
slightly in the future, adding the reference to the bug that is being
fixed in following format will close the bug automatically once
committed to master:

Fixes #820

Also a common warning, if your patch does not make it to master, or
get commented in a day or two, just remind us (Dirk) about it, he
might just have missed it for some reason.

> P.S. i have "lurked" on the mailing list for a few months (without even
> subscribing! just trawling the archives). this is my first hello sent to the
> list.

Thanks for starting to contribute, the bug 820 has been quite
annoying, when I very rarely have been selecting which dives to
import. (But not annoying enough to actually start learning Qt to
figure out a fix for it.)

miika