Question - working on some German Translations

Guido Lerch guido.lerch at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 00:53:54 PDT 2015

> On Tue, Oct 06, 2015 at 08:12:59PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> > On 6 October 2015 at 19:02, Guido Lerch <guido.lerch at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > All,
> > >
> > > Am I doing this correctly when working on translations to open the .ts
> fiel with QA Linguist ?
> > > When doing this and when only saving the file after open (no changes)
> a git diff gives me
> > > tons of changes - hence a simple patch would have lot of changes and
> Dirk will tell me worse :-)
> >
> > we use Transifex for translations:
> > https://www.transifex.com/subsurface/subsurface/
> >
> > you could register an account there and join "subsurface team".
> > if you have already done your work in linguist, transifex allows
> > uploading files; never tried that option - i just use their web
> > interface when translating.
>
> Yes, doing translations in transifex really makes my life much easier.

Ok, looking at the translation in transifex tells me German is 100%
translated which I dispute as "download from cloud storage"
is not German :-)
Another thing to learn as I have no clue how transifex works but I'll read
myself though it.

> > if the upload doesn't work. just consult with Dirk and send the
> > translation as a patch, i guess.
> > haven't seen translation patches sent to the mailing list in a while...
>
> Correct - whenever people do that I take them and deal with them and then
> request that they switch to doing the work on transifex.
>
> So the same offer is of course valid for Guido. I'll take a patch and deal
> with making it work. But I'd really prefer to have you just work on
> transifex.

Ok, Linguistic is really easy though, the huge diffs come from the xml tags
because transifex used /> to terinate
and Linguistic uses </translation>.
Of course I deal with what you want as you are the maintainer but IMHO
Linguistic is a lot easier, at least from what
I can see now.

--
Best regards,
Guido