Issues building install with Marble

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Oct 7 04:16:48 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 07, 2015 at 12:57:44PM +0200, Guido Lerch wrote:
> > So I did some more testing and tweaking. The latest master should remove
> > your build/marbledata directory and replace it with a symbolic link to the
> > ~/src/subsurface/marbledata directory...
>
> I read articles that cmake 3.3.1 has issues with symlinks, have you had
> issues with this ?
> Seems MAC specific.

It works for me :-)

> > PS: a gentle reminder... we REALLY prefer inline email style. Top post
>
> I cant to this on all computers, sorry. I find it disturbing as it's
> sometimes hard for me to
> find the comment between all the text but I am happy to comply which what
> you guys
> prefer.
> For me the inline editing works only nicely if I logon to Google mail ....

So many of us do a LOT of email. And the studies show quite clearly how
much better inline responding is. Admittedly it works better if people
consistently edit emails down so that the context makes sense but isn't
excessive and not everyone does it.

My phrasing was intentional. It's a gentle reminder and a strong
preference. You will see emails from me that are top post when I'm in a
rush and respond from my phone. But even there I usually try to respond
inline. It's just the much better practice.