GPS coordinates and web export

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Oct 7 08:22:15 PDT 2015

Miika,

On Wed, Oct 07, 2015 at 05:16:58PM +0200, Miika Turkia wrote:
> I am testing copy-pasting GPS coordinates from our web interface to
> dive sites and ran into a problem as these coordinates are not parsed
> properly. When I grab coordinates from a dive site in Bonaire, that is
> parsed to be in the middle of Burkina Faso in Africa. Not very nice if
> we cannot parse our own coordinates. This occurs both with the
> coordinates directly from our generated web page (cloud) and if
> opening the google maps link and using the notation there (both these
> formats: 12° 8' 0.24" , -68° 16' 58.44" and 12.148000,-68.311500).

That's completely puzzling since that's something I tested just a few
weeks ago. Have you tried to debug this or did your C++ allergy prevent
you from doing that?

> It also looks like I am not able to actually save the coordinates from
> the location management, they are blank when I re-open the location
> management and my saved XML does not have them on the dive site.

I fixed a bug in that area when I tested the above... maybe I "fixed" it
instead of fixing it?

> Also the relationship between the dive location on the Notes pane and
> what is entered when clicking on the location management icon next to it
> seems quite flimsy or even broken. Adding data to these fields does not
> seem to reflect the other mode.

Can you explain a bit more what you mean by that?