Bug report

K. Heller pestophagous at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 09:02:59 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 4:32 AM, Guido Lerch <guido.lerch at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Wed, Oct 07, 2015 at 01:23:12PM +0200, Guido Lerch wrote:
>> > All,
>> > Tried to get a Track account but got rejected :-(
>>
>> Interesting. Can you tell me more what you tried and what happened? We
>> have people create trac accounts several times a week and it turns to work
>> quite well - we do a minimal captcha to get rid of some of the spam bots,
>> but it should reject you :-)
>

> gave user id, password (twice), mail, filled the captcha box, my name, no details.
> got a reject message -  I am NO spam :-)

I initially got rejected, too.  For posterity: the time that I was
trying to register for trac was around:  Mon, 5 Oct 2015 21:00 -0700
(PDT)

One minor difference was that i originally filled in the "details"
field (although TBH i wasn't sure what i was supposed to type there).
After I got rejected I tried again without using the details field,
and it worked.  I (apparently inaccurately) chalked it up to problems
with the details field.

Since Guido opted for "no details", though, that makes me think that
simply retrying was what helped me—not my decision to clear out my
details.

/K