GPS coordinates and web export

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 10:23:25 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 5:45 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 07, 2015 at 05:34:49PM +0200, Miika Turkia wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>> > Miika,
>> >
>> I just tested to enter coordinates "4 4" and that worked, so it seems
>> that comma in the coordinates causes a fail in the parsing. I haven't
>> looked into this part of the source yet as I am working on another bug
>> currently. But I could actually take a look into this one first.
>
> I'm debugging this and it is indeed the comma. I believe I have a fix,
> testing it right now.

And the latest patch seems to fix the issue.

>> > I fixed a bug in that area when I tested the above... maybe I "fixed" it
>> > instead of fixing it?

>> > Can you explain a bit more what you mean by that?
>>
>> - Select dive with no location data
>> - Click on the dive site management icon
>> - type in location
>> - apply changes
>> - the location management "window" is closed and location field on
>> notes pane remains blank
>>
>> This seems to be working if I first type in a name on the location
>> field on notes pane and then go edit the name on location management.
>
> Ah, never tried it that way - I always give a name first.

Seems that my logic is quite the opposite of yours :D At least when
dive sites are concerned. And in fact my method would save some
keystrokes/mouse events. If I first add the location, I will have to
apply the changes before I go to location management and add the
coordinates, and applying that as well. Jumping first to location
management and adding both bits of info would only require only
applying once ;)

> Another thing to debug.
>
> I'm thrilled that we are finding all these bugs. Thank you, Miika.

One more
- Select a dive that has no site nor gps coordinates.
- Select the site from the map by right clicking and going to selection mode
- Doubl-click to select the site
-> no dive flag is added (either an empty location field on the notes
pane, or you write the name, but do not select anything from the
selection list)

This is again something that is easy to live with once you know the
logic, but yet again my intuition was first to set the location before
typing in the name of the site. It was even more frustrating the first
time as subsurfface went to edit mode but I was not able to select a
dive site nor exit the edit mode (edit mode was indicated by graying
out the divelist, but there was no apply/cancel buttons)

miika