Bug report

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Oct 7 14:58:43 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 07, 2015 at 11:50:45PM +0200, Guido Lerch wrote:
> > No it doesn't and no you really shouldn't build in the source tree.
> >
> > build.sh does this:
> >
> > cd $SRC/subsurface
> > mkdir -p build
> > cd build
> > export CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=$INSTALL_ROOT/lib/cmake
> > cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug .. \
> >         -DLIBGIT2_INCLUDE_DIR=$INSTALL_ROOT/include \
> >         -DLIBGIT2_LIBRARIES=$INSTALL_ROOT/lib/libgit2.$SH_LIB_EXT \
> >         -DLIBDIVECOMPUTER_INCLUDE_DIR=$INSTALL_ROOT/include \
> >         -DLIBDIVECOMPUTER_LIBRARIES=$INSTALL_ROOT/lib/libdivecomputer.a \
> >         -DMARBLE_INCLUDE_DIR=$INSTALL_ROOT/include \
> >
> > -DMARBLE_LIBRARIES=$INSTALL_ROOT/lib/libssrfmarblewidget.$SH_LIB_EXT \
> >         -DNO_PRINTING=OFF \
> >         -DUSE_LIBGIT23_API=1
> >

> I get that part but it builds within subsurface/build, correct ?
> If I am not mistaken, this is an in source tree build ...

No, building in ~/src/subsurface would be "in source tree". Here you are
building in a different directory (even though it's a subdirectory).

> On my El Captain machine QT complains about nor being able to create shadow
> builds if the build
> is done within the source tree.

Robert was having problems on El Capitan as well. Not sure what's going on
there. I haven't upgraded any of my machines, yet, and based on what I
hear certainly am in no rush to do so, either.

> Also the build.log when running build.sh complains about in source tree
> build.
>
> I don't want to mess around with the build script but believe the build
> should be done under
> src/<buildname> instead of src/subsurface/build

That's actually how I have it here - since I test builds with different
compilers I have
.../subsurface
.../subsurface-clang
.../subsurface-gcc

/D

PS: when responding to long messages it's often a good idea to delete
everything that you aren't responding to - it makes it easier for others
to read. It gives context with less distraction.