[dirk at hohndel.org: updates towards 4.5]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Oct 8 01:56:44 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 09:32:55AM +0200, Guido Lerch wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 08:54:47AM +0200, Guido Lerch wrote:
> >>  Btw. I am working on a build-mac.sh as I am having issues frequently, not
> >>  sure whether I should submit
> >>  that. Let me know what you think.
> >
> > Today build.sh is designed to work both on Linux and Mac. Is there a
> > reason that this can't continue to be the case? What Mac specific things
> > aren't done in build.sh?
>
> Nothing really, all I am trying to do is to learn and make things easier for
> me (and maybe for others) Š

And that's very welcome. I'm just suggesting that it would be even better
to make sure that we continue to have one script. And it's easy enough
(and free) to install VirtualBox and a Linux of your choice so you can
make sure things still work.

> Checking if Xcode command line tools are properly installed ­ had tons of
> issues this week because they weren¹t.

You're typing this on a Mac. I love it how on Macs with the wrong settings
the "'" turns into a slanted "'" which then becomes a "¹" on other systems
:-)