new website - or "jet lag is good"

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 23:20:09 PDT 2015

Hi,

On 11 Oct 2015 17:01, "Dirk Hohndel" <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> After about 20 hours of editing and copying and modifying I have a mockup
of the new website ready.

> Please go to http://ssrftest.subsurface-divelog.org and let me know what
you think.

I've had a quick look on my phone. Using Chrome on my Galaxy S6.  I like
the new layout, including that it draws attention to cool features at the
top. A few points.
-Main headings on each page are inconsistent size. Landing page is small.
Downloads is large. FAQ is small, etc.
-I think the heading colour would look better as "Subsurface blue", rather
than black.
-How will the page look on old/text browsers? Not sure this really matters
for a solely desktop/smartphone program.
-On the landing page is it better to elaborate on the features in case the
reader doesn't wait to scroll through them at the top? Cloud storage,
platforms and the planner aren't mentioned except in the bit that flashes
through at the top.

Rick

> I know that there are a few glitches... I finally need to try to get back
to a sane sleeping rhythm so I'll stop now even though I'm not completely
done.
> The dive computer ramblings need to be cleaned up. The translations of
the manuals are missing.
> The translations of many of the pages are completely out of whack and
most pages haven't been updated to 4.5
> So don't think of this as reviewing content (with the exception of the
landing page), but of reviewing layout and overall look and feel.