Plotting dives

Steve stevewilliams at internode.on.net
Sat Oct 10 23:58:57 PDT 2015

+1 to being able to disable this feature on demand. It seems that the S button is changing something else, too, I guess on the vertical scale.

Hi Guido, Miika.

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 10:38 AM, Guido Lerch <guido.lerch at gmail.com <mailto:guido.lerch at gmail.com> > wrote:

All,

Dives shorter than 30 minutes do not plot nicely IMHO.

Before I go and suggest changes I would like to ask what the motivation was

to put the rounding limitations/ adjustment in there such as round up to 5 minutes,

have spare 2.5 minutes.

I like to see with a quick glance if a dive is exceptionally short. IIRC that was also the reason behind the current code.

Here is a short one without S activated and with S activated.

Even with S activated it doesn't look nice IMO.

Same dives without the limitations, S activated

S deactivated

There is a button in profile's toolbar  (the one with the big "S" over a triangle) that should activate/deactivate that feature.

It's actually working, for me at least.

Regards.

The first two look much like much better behaviour than the last two.

The scale button is doing a good job when activated on the first pair but doesn’t seem to make hardly any difference with the second pair of plots.

It is a very tiny dive so it should look that way.

Steve