Hebrew translation of Subsurface [was Re: crash on planning a dive with LANG=fi]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Oct 11 11:49:31 PDT 2015

> On Oct 11, 2015, at 11:30 AM, Benjamin <nystire at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I can try, but it won't be this week. It's my not-often-practiced 3rd language, so I can't offer any miracles :S

While many of our translations are done by native speakers who speak about diving in their native language all the time, I know for a fact that this isn't the case for all of them.
And it's much easier to find people willing to clean up an existing translation than to start a translation. So your work would be extremely welcome. We had quite a few Hebrew users in the Subsurface 3 days, but sadly the two people who used to work on it seem to have disappeared.

Can you please request to join the Hebrew team on Transifex?

And as for the timing - we almost always need a ".1" release a couple wee after a new release. So missing next week's release is not a huge issue - I will simply pull the translation into the update release that I'm sure we'll do towards the end of this month.

Thanks