Robert C. Helling helling at atdotde.de
Sun Oct 11 12:50:49 PDT 2015

Willem,

> On 08 Oct 2015, at 18:47, Willem Ferguson <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
>

> It looks to me like the section on recreational diving is more or less ok? Am I missing something?

sorry for replying so late. All what you write is correct but (also as Sergey’s comments in a different threat show) maybe it would be good if very early in the paragraph you say what the recreational mode is about (before getting into details why to use it or which settings you have to adjust). Namely, in my words (that could most likely be improved language wise):

"Recreational mode is what comes closest to planning a dive based on the non-decompression limit (NDL). It computes the maximal time a diver can stay at the current depth without incurring any mandatory decompression stops and without using more than the existing gas (minus a reserve).“

What do you think?

Best
Robert