Is anyone working on an iOS app?

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 03:25:00 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 1:14 PM, Guido Lerch <guido.lerch at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Davide
>
> Regards,
> Guido
> +41 79 3217739
>
>> Am 12.10.2015 um 12:06 schrieb Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 11:45 AM, Guido Lerch <guido.lerch at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Since I don't have an Android phone anymore and non of my colleagues has I
>>> don't know what
>>> the Android App does.
>>
>> There is a basic companion app for IOS.
>> AFAIR it was developed for a GSOC but then never maintained.
>> I use the Android one (and I could not live without it) but one of my
>> buddies (who switched to IOS) use the IOS version and it works [cit.]
>> I don't know where you can download nor the features implemented.
>
> I downloaded it from the App Store.
> All it does for me is to allow to add a dive, with the gps coordinates.
> It does not allow adding meta data or anything else and it does not display my dives in the cloud.
> Seems I have to scan through the sources to see what it's supposed to do.
> The reason I haven't done this already is that I understood from Dirk that what I saw is all its supposed to do but maybe I got that wrong.

It is supposed to log the GPS coordinates during the dives. If you add
dive manually, you are able to give it a name, otherwise it will
default to "New Dive  <id>" where <id> is a running number. It is
quite limited in that sense, but it does log the GPS coordinates
properly.

To use the companion app, you just log the GPS coordinates with it,
sync them to cloud and then sync the desktop app from cloud, so you
will have the coordinates from there and can do all the rest.

miika