Swiss Translations

Guido Lerch guido.lerch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 05:36:31 PDT 2015

Hi Martin

> Hi Guido
>
> Am 12.10.2015 um 11:00 schrieb Guido Lerch:
> > Hi Dirk,
> > I translated over 150 string for Swiss, last master does not contain
> those.
> > Any reason why?
> > I still have about 140 more to do though.
>
> I first started the swiss translations but at the moment lack some time
> do do any subsurface related work. My intension was to have the Swiss
> translation close to the German one but without 'ß' and without some
> words which sound very strange for me as a Swiss like
> 'Tauchgruppenleiter' (where I mostly used the English version which is,
> according to my experience well used by Swiss divers). To ease
> maintenance I always downloaded the latest Swiss and German version and
> merged them in a merge tool like kdiff3. Where needed I could easily
> modify the translation.
> I still hope I have some 30min spare to help you before the big release :)

That would be nice, I am new and don't know all the tools yet, hence I
switched my SSRF to German
and then changed the Swiss translations.
Apparently there is a faster way which I am not aware of.
Can't we not just copy the german transl. over the Swiss one and the use
the search to find
the the scharf s etc. ?

> /martin

Best regards,