Swiss Translations

Martin Gysel me at bearsh.org
Mon Oct 12 05:43:02 PDT 2015

Am 12.10.2015 um 14:36 schrieb Guido Lerch:
> Hi Martin

> <mailto:me at bearsh.org>>:
>
>     Hi Guido
>
>     Am 12.10.2015 um 11:00 schrieb Guido Lerch:
>     > Hi Dirk,
>     > I translated over 150 string for Swiss, last master does not contain those.
>     > Any reason why?
>     > I still have about 140 more to do though.
>
>     I first started the swiss translations but at the moment lack some time
>     do do any subsurface related work. My intension was to have the Swiss
>     translation close to the German one but without 'ß' and without some
>     words which sound very strange for me as a Swiss like
>     'Tauchgruppenleiter' (where I mostly used the English version which is,
>     according to my experience well used by Swiss divers). To ease
>     maintenance I always downloaded the latest Swiss and German version and
>     merged them in a merge tool like kdiff3. Where needed I could easily
>     modify the translation.
>     I still hope I have some 30min spare to help you before the big
>     release :)
>
> That would be nice, I am new and don't know all the tools yet, hence I
> switched my SSRF to German
> and then changed the Swiss translations.
> Apparently there is a faster way which I am not aware of.
> Can't we not just copy the german transl. over the Swiss one and the use
> the search to find
> the the scharf s etc. ?

sure that would be possible but as said, in the German version there are
a lot of expressions (ot only the 'ß') which sound very strange for me
as a Swiss. This expressions were the main reason for me to start the
translation, I can live with a couple of 'ß' but I really would like to
call the diveguide 'Diveguide' and not 'Tauchgruppenleiter'

/martin