Allow replanning of logged dives

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Mon Oct 12 07:00:04 PDT 2015

On 12 October, 2015 - Anton Lundin wrote:

> On 12 October, 2015 - Davide DB wrote:
>
> > Actually this feature already exist (Show/NDL/TTS) but I was not able
> > to see it working with my typical profiles:
> > three deco gases/ 2h-3h runtime. See the attachment.
> >

> Yea, the thing is that the TTS calculations doesn't do gas switches, and
> thats pretty much by design.
>
> IE during your 80m phase, you have a TTS which is enormous, because it
> calculates how long it would take you to reach the surface on the gas
> your currently on.
>
> My suggestion here is that we cap the TTS at something like 120 min, and
> abort the calculations if its longer than that, to limit the amount of
> calculations needed to be done during that phase.
>

> Yea, someone might be interested in knowing that their TTS is 1200 min or
> so, but its not that useful. Its just a waste of cpu.

Fyi. I sketched out approximately that dive in the planner, 30min @ 70m
16/60, and there is no problem calculating the TTS on this i7-4600U
@2.10Ghz. The calculation is instant and the TTS is at the "worst" point
is about 226min.

Maybe the planner is nicer to the TTS algorithm for some reason i can't
figure out at the moment.

Thats on OC btw, but you're dive is SCR? Maybe thats the culprit.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604