Swiss Translations

Joakim Bygdell j.bygdell at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 10:03:52 PDT 2015

> On 12 Oct 2015, at 18:51, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> One thing that I could do is fill all the missing strings with the strings
> from German (without overwriting the existing Swiss German strings).
> This creates a fairly complete translation, but the downside is that you
> can no longer look for "unfinished" translations to easily figure out what
> to work on, instead you have to go through the string to find the ones you
> don't like and replace them with better translations for the Swiss
> audience.
>
> Would that be useful? Or would that make it harder?

Why don’t you make use of Transifex review functionality.
Mark everything translated already as "reviewed", import the german translations as “translated” and the rest will be untranslated.
That way you have a clear distinction of which strings are in need of review from a Swiss point of view and which needs to be translated from English.

> /D
/Jocke