Image management, bug fix

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Tue Oct 13 11:48:01 PDT 2015

Hullo,

Since this escalated a bit ( and since I'm the one that will probably code
the interfaces ) :)

I think that the image handling system should:

1 - send all images to the git server when in idle or upon request

This is the only way to make sure that all images will appear in all
devices that uses the same repository as file, there's not too much to
discuss here.

2 - download images of the dive that's being viewed *right now* and cache
it on disk

We can have a good subsurface with pictures made in a couple of ways, two
of them I think are worth describing and userfull:

First one is to downsize / downscale the image and save a low res version
of it, save *those* on the git repo and also the original version of it.
When the user opens subsurface on a new computer and uses the git repo,
only download the downsized version of the pictures to show above the
profile. *when* the user clicks on the picture, then download the full
sized image.

Second one is to download only the images of the dives that are being
displayed right now.

And of course, offer an option to 'sync everything'

Tomaz