Error when executing on Ubuntu

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 23:30:38 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 8:33 AM, Willem Ferguson <
willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:

> I still get a single error message when running Subsurface in Ubuntu
> 15.04. It seems this relates to some of the changes discussed during the
> last week. Is this due to the code or due to my specific setup? Thank you
> for solving the long list of errors and warnings generated until now!
>
> willem:~/src/subsurface/build$ ./subsurface
> QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No
> such file or directory willem:~/src/subsurface/build$

I do not see the same error you are getting but am getting the following
errors on my Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS:
---8<---
(subsurface:5895): GdkPixbuf-WARNING **: Cannot open pixbuf loader module
file '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache': No
such file or directory

This likely means that your installation is broken.
Try running the command
  gdk-pixbuf-query-loaders >
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/gdk-pixbuf-2.0/2.10.0/loaders.cache
to make things work again for the time being.
QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No
such file or directory
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
Segmentation fault
---8<---

was there another comment about segm fault on exit? But then again, I
cannot reproduce the segmfault in gdb or even without.

miika