Dive planner MG, TP and FC

Ivan Wagner ivan.wagner at tecinvent.ch
Wed Oct 14 06:13:20 PDT 2015

Dear Robert,

first of all thank you for welcoming me to the list in fact this is one
of my first posts.

Thank you for explaining to me the features that already exist within
the software it helps me understand in detail what we have now.

For me there are minor differences between rec or tech mode. The only
difference is ascent rates and the fact that for tech dives at a certain
point to need to make gas switches (talking about open circuit obviously).

Minimum gas is for me the minimum gas pressure in your cylinders that
you need in the event of an emergency such as an OOG diver making a safe
ascent respecting ascent rates, deep-stops until the gas switch (for
tech dives) or surface is reached (rec dives). Therefore we also need to
take into consideration ascent rates, two divers breathing from the same
unit (twins or whatever).

Turn pressure depends on the type of diving we are doing
- All usable: direct ascent to the surface is not a problem at all (i.e.
drift dives). With this you can reach minimum gas off from the entry point
- Half usable: it's highly recommended to get back to the ascent line
(wreck diving on a 100m long wreck). With this you should reach min gas
back on the ascent line
- Rule of thirds: overhead environment (wreck penetration).

For the last point I'll explain it in a separate post it's better.

ivan