Update 4.5 and cloud storage

Martin de Weger martin at reef-it.nl
Wed Oct 14 22:01:31 PDT 2015

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Martin de Weger
E: martin at reef-it.nl
T: + 31 6 10 48 63 58

>>> That's not debuggable. If you go to https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org
>>> you should be asked to log in. Once you log in you should be redirected to
>>> the correct URL. But that URL will give you the error above if you haven't
>>> successfully saved data to the cloud.
>>
>> I know I have data in the cloud since I was able to download the data to a computer where I just installed Subsurface. When I login to the cloud, I still get the same error.
>
> I sometimes find it hard to understand people.
> So something isn't working. And you're unhappy about it. But you don't want to give me the information I need to track down the problem.
> Instead  you tell me exactly as little as last time.
I’m sorry if I didn’t provide all the information you needed, I must have misunderstood your question, my bad.

> Unfortunately I'm a very curious soul. So I tried to figure out what your username might be. Because, seriously, how the HECK would I debug this if I didn't know your username? Look at every log in every filesystem? Whistle while I hope for a stroke of genius? Seriously?
> Seriously.
That was certainly not my intention, like I mentioned above, I have misunderstood the question.

> Anyway. I figured it out. Your super secret username does't comply with an assumption that I made after 27 years on the internet which the greedy ICAN has recently proven wrong.
>
> It's fixed. And in order to keep your super secret extremely important username super secret I won't tell the rest of the developers what the problem was.

I’m hesitant to share usernames on any public group due to security reasons. If I understand your mail correctly, the problem was a change ICAN made a while ago. They allow new TLD’s and my domain is in the .amsterdam TLD. Thank you for fixing this error (and all the work you and many others put in this software.

> Please make a random change to your data and save again. That should trigger the update hook that creates the HTML export.
>
> And the next time you run into a bug and want me to fix it, be a sport and give me the information that allows me to do it without playing Hercule Poirot. Heck, if it's so secret send it to me in personal email.

I will provide more information in the future, but please keep in mind that some people don’t have English as first language and sometimes might misinterpreted a question asked by somebody else.

> /D
>
> PS: yeah, I'm cranky and I'm tired. Maybe I shouldn't have snapped at you. Apologies.
Apologies are accepted. ;) Have a good day!