Proposal on new planner layout

Martin Měřinský mermar at centrum.cz
Thu Oct 15 07:40:59 PDT 2015

Hello.
I like your proposal. I would propose a few more changes.

Align "Safety stop" checkbox to the left with "Reserve gas".

Move "Open circuit" list to the right and add "Circuit" caption to the
left.

Move "Print" button close to "Save" and "Cancel" buttons.

Rename "Notes" to "Plan format".

Move "Rates", "Gas options" (and "Notes"?) to Preferences. These are
user specific, not dive specific. They doesn't change to often.

Move "Available gases" and "Dive planner points" under "Planning".

At the end, you would have two panels. On the left user input. On the
right generated plan (profile on the top and text plan at the bottom).

I took the liberty to modify your proposal, see attachement.

-----

While talking about UI, I would like to point out to several more
things.

Would it be possible to remove blank white space in "Available gases"
and "Dive planner points" tables? Tables should grow vertically with
increasing number of lines, but showing empty place is wasting.

"Plus" button for "Available gases" and "Dive planner points" could be
directly above or under "Trash" button.

Put space between number and unit. Like in Salinity. Everywhere,
including generated plan. It is much better to read.

Move File -> Preferences to Edit -> Preferences. It makes much more
sence.

"Information" box in Profile pops up after entering Profile with mouse
cursor. But doesn't disappear after moving cursor away. Shouldn't it? Is
there way to hide Information box somehow?

When planning dive, in Profile, there are moving lines following the
cursor. Could they exist also in Profile of finished dive?

Would it make sence to plan in already known location? Height above sea
level and Salinity could be taken from location data. I'm not sure if it
would be usefull.

-----

With current 4.5.0 release, there are some minor bugs.

In planner, last "Dive planner point" cannot be deleted and has trash
icon striked out. Last "Available gas" cannot be deleted neither, but
it's icon is not striked out.

In brand new plan, I get "Too many gas mixes" warning. I don't know, why
twice. And I don't know why "Too many gas mixes", while I have none. If
I close the warning, and click "+" to add gas, I get the warning again.

Best regards. Martin M.

PS: Sorry for my English.