Attach videos or diagrams / ship plans and other documents

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Oct 15 08:31:09 PDT 2015

> On Oct 15, 2015, at 8:25 AM, Giorgio Marzano <marzano.giorgio at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> I was looking for a way to attach and display gpx or kml tracks. It would be great for freediiving, drift diving and spearfishing.
>
> If we have a simple and standard way to attach files then the display would be straight forward in marble

Side node... getting gps tracks under water is not as simple as it sounds... but let's stay on topic...

I don't mind the idea of being able to attach random files. There are some potential issues with this (so we'd have to be careful how these files are opened as I could easily construct a security attack vector out of a simplistic approach to implementing this). And of course this causes concerns when it comes to cloud storage (I'm not looking forward to the complaints from people who open there 60GB data file from a small island for the first time). But fundamentally? Not a bad idea.