Proposal on new planner layout

K. "pestophagous" Heller pestophagous at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 20:35:17 PDT 2015

Davide's approach to designing for UX holds an abundance of wisdom.
Sergey's original attachment is also stunning (despite not yet
applying Davide's subsequent advice about burying ascent/descent and
pO2). I think with this much UX wisdom and this much layout skill
amongst team members, the final result is gonna be good.

All I really came here to remark, though, is in reply to Martin:

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 7:40 AM, Martin Měřinský <mermar at centrum.cz> wrote:

> When planning dive, in Profile, there are moving lines following the
> cursor. Could they exist also in Profile of finished dive?

A couple people in the forums also requested vertical cursor lines in
the normal profile:

https://subsurface-divelog.org/user-forum/?place=msg%2Fsubsurface-divelog%2FDVDdVluvc_s%2FGXQYPOvgWOoJ

It seems simple in the source code. The very bottom two lines of
"ProfileWidget2::setProfileState()" hide the "mousefollower" lines. If
you replace those two lines with:

    mouseFollowerHorizontal->setVisible(true); // add as last 4 lines
of ProfileWidget2::setProfileState()
    mouseFollowerVertical->setVisible(true);
    mouseFollowerHorizontal->setLine(timeAxis->line());
    mouseFollowerVertical->setLine(QLineF(0, profileYAxis->pos().y(),
0, timeAxis->pos().y()));

Then you get the vertical cursor lines in the standard profile, too.

KHeller