Nightly Subsurface AppImage for most Linux distributions

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Oct 17 13:17:30 PDT 2015

So I had a little time to play with this and am running into issues... I'm
sure it's just the difference in setup or something...

What did I do?

- installed Ubuntu 12.04 in a chroot (to make sure I have an at least 3yo
  build environment
- chrooted into that and tried to run the subsurface.sh

Here's the output:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package p7zip-full is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only
available from another source

E: Unable to locate package python-requests
E: Package 'p7zip-full' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package pax-utils
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package libssh2-1-dev
sudo: add-apt-repository: command not found
E: Unable to locate package g++-4.8
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'g++-4.8'
update-alternatives: error: alternative path /usr/bin/g++-4.8 doesn't exist.
g++ (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) 4.6.3
PURPOSE.

it continues from here (maybe it should stop when it runs into errors).

I'll poke around a bit to see if I can make sense of what's happening, but
figure I should let you know :-)