Nightly Subsurface AppImage for most Linux distributions

probono probono at puredarwin.org
Sun Oct 18 04:26:21 PDT 2015

> on Linux the install location of this printing_templates
> folder should be:
> /usr/share/subsurface/printing_templates

Added to the AppImage.

> do have to copy them outside of the AppImage
> manually?

Why would you even want to do that?

Anyhow, this is one way:
While Subsurface is running, do
cat /proc/mounts | grep Subsurface | cut -d " " -f 2
This will show you where the AppImage is FUSE-mounted so that you can
copy the files from there.

Or, if Subsurface is not running, you can do
sudo mount Subsurface_4.5.0_x86_64.AppImage /mnt/
and then copy the files from /mnt/

> i'm not familiar with how AppImage works, but have you thought about:
> myImageFile.AppImage -install ~/somewhere
> in which case the complete AppImage deploys to a folder and running
> the app can be done via something in the lines of:
> cd ~/somewhere
> ./run (or ./AppRun ?)

This is something I try to avoid. The reason is that I don't want to
encourage people to have to "install" software. Or even unpack.
Reasons for this are summarized in
http://portablelinuxapps.org/docs/1.0/AppImageKit.pdf