Subsurface 4.5 (Win10) crash after adding dive with planner

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Oct 18 07:43:27 PDT 2015

> On Oct 17, 2015, at 11:35 PM, Stefan Fuchs <sfuchs at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hello Rick, hello Lubomir, hi All,
>
> you guys are really incredible ;-)

See why I told you to send it to the list? These guys are indeed awesome.

> I just hope you usually get some more sleep before going diving!

Lobomir doesn't dive. He's one of the top contributors to an open source dive
log program but doesn't dive...

> So after letting you work during night I can confirm the following:
> - If I first prevent Subsurface to load my affected XML at startup, then change to English translation and then load my affected XML the issue is gone. --> Everything stable.
> - Then I remove the last dive which triggered the issue. Language back to German. --> Stable
> - Now let's add the new dive via planner again. If I there in the planner move my mouse in the profile window immediately --> no crash yet
>   But if I just change s.th <http://s.th/>. in the runtime and then move my mouse in the profile window --> crash
>   Rick's experience confirmed!

Yes, so that shows that it's indeed simply a bogus German translation string.
I have this fixed and I should be able to create a new binary for you today.