Nightly Subsurface AppImage for most Linux distributions

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen subsurface at henrik.synth.no
Sun Oct 18 08:08:17 PDT 2015

On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 5:00 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> OSX does something very similar to an AppImage, i think.
> and i have no idea how they handle the whole huge CAD updater scenario
> that i'm proposing...they probably don't handle that very well.

OSX uses app folders (not compressed images), so people can change whatever
they want if they so desire:

$ find /Applications/Subsurface.app
/Applications/Subsurface.app
/Applications/Subsurface.app/Contents/Frameworks/libgit2.23.dylib
/Applications/Subsurface.app/Contents/Frameworks/libGrantlee_Templates.5.dylib
/Applications/Subsurface.app/Contents/MacOS/Subsurface

However, I strongly believe that any user changes to our distribution
(templates etc)  should stay separate from the app image.  Maybe in
$HOME/.subsurface?   We'll create a lot of pain for ourselves using a RW
app image, I think.

Henrik