Nightly Subsurface AppImage for most Linux distributions

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Oct 18 08:42:46 PDT 2015

> On Oct 18, 2015, at 8:36 AM, probono <probono at puredarwin.org> wrote:

>> These are shared libraries and are loaded as such.
>> Are the other shared libraries that Subsurface is loading in ./usr/lib ?
>
> I can see that ./lib/libGrantlee_Templates.so.5 gets loaded.
>
> Not sure if related: I can also see that Grantlee_Templates.so.5
> (among others) contains a hardcoded string
> /home/travis/build/probonopd/AppImages/Subsurface/install-root/lib -
> which is a path on the build server. I don't think this feels quite
> right?

Some of the libraries sadly always look at hard coded paths.
Marble is another one that does. But I thought we now had it set
up so that all of them also look in the standard paths. I wonder
why that wouldn't work for grantlee.

I need to spend time staring at the grantlee code (which, frankly,
I find horribly incomprehensible) to figure out how it determines
the paths where it looks for it's plugins