Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Sun Oct 18 10:08:16 PDT 2015

On 18 October, 2015 - Giorgio Marzano wrote:

> I was not proposing to do so. I guessed that the argument has already been
> discussed and I was curious about the issues.
>
> BUT, I don't agree that it would complexify. No more linked lists. Just
> queries. It would be (have been) far simpler.

Replacing all our data structures with sql quieries would have made this
a really slow application.

Iterating over a array of structs, or in some cases linked lists, is way
cheaper than writing sql to fetch each element.

Shure, you could create result-sets and use them, but code that
sometimes looks behind and ahead would be really ugly then.

//Anton

--
Anton Lundin	+46702-161604