mobile ui considerations

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Oct 20 02:25:15 PDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 08:16:27PM +1100, Rick Walsh wrote:
> Hi Sebas,
> One thing on my wish list is to add the planner to the mobile app.  A
> killer feature would be to plan a dive taking account of the tissue loading
> from my previous dive (downloaded from my dive computer).  Currently, dive
> plans between dive are worked out at a dive site/on a boat/in the
> carpark/at the cafe using multiplanner (or similar) on a phone.  To be able
> to consider the actual dive we just did would be great.

This is priority #712 - actually, likely below that.

Objective here is to create a useful mobile app. Once we have that, have
GPS working, have download working, have cloud sync working... once all
that is there, there are still a dozen other things that I would find more
important than the dive planner.

I know we have a few vocal people here who will feel differently - but I
think this is a MASSIVE amount of work for a small fraction of the users.