pkg-config when cross compiling on Mac

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Oct 20 03:15:28 PDT 2015

I'm a bit stuck and am on my way to "bad internet island"... maybe someone
can help me...

I'm trying to build the Android apk on Mac (yeah, I know... but I now have
all the pieces downloaded, so work with me). Everything goes great.
libftdi fails completely with weird errors, so let's ignore that
and then cmake on Subsurface barfs that it can't find any of the
pkg-config based packages like libxml-2.0.

Running pkg-config with the correct PKG_CONFIG_PATH finds all of the
libraries. Printing out the environment variable $ENV{PKG_CONFIG_PATH}
right before the call to pkg_config_library(LIBXML libxml-2.0 REQUIRED)
shows that the right path is set. But cmake finds none of the libraries.

So it somehow must be explicitly unsetting or changing the correct
PKG_CONFIG_PATH that was set.

Any ideas? Tomaz? Anton?