FW: mobile ui considerations

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Oct 20 06:54:52 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, October 20, 2015 09:32:06 AM Davide DB wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 9:17 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> > Sebastian is a rather experienced Qt/QML developer so I'm sure he will get
> > us to something ready for a beta release fairly soon. I certainly hope to
> > be able to use Subsurface-mobile on my phone long before "next October"
>
> Out of curiosity...
>
> Will Android be the default development OS?
> How much difficult would be having a IOS equivalent at the same time?

What do you mean by "default development OS"?

I'll likely be doing the development on my laptop, and test the Android app
once in a while. I'm not much of a low-level OS guy (I'm pretty sure there are
others on this list ;)).

That is actually one great thing about Qt, most of the testing can be done on
a laptop or similar, shaving of a lot of time in the development - test
cycles. I haven't yet set up the Android environment to test, though.

That said, I'd like to run the app on Android. I'm personally not much
interested in IOS, I don't own such a device and I'm not planning to acquire
one. It's a good way for someone else to provide useful contributions, of
course.
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org