mobile ui considerations

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Oct 20 06:58:21 PDT 2015

On Tuesday, October 20, 2015 08:16:27 PM Rick Walsh wrote:
> One thing on my wish list is to add the planner to the mobile app.  A killer
> feature would be to plan a dive taking account of the tissue loading from
> my previous dive (downloaded from my dive computer).  Currently, dive plans
> between dive are worked out at a dive site/on a boat/in the carpark/at the
> cafe using multiplanner (or similar) on a phone.  To be able to consider
> the actual dive we just did would be great.

As Dirk already pointed out, one thing we should be aware of is scope creep.
I'd much rather have a very limited set of features working reliably than
supporting 101 features, but all feeling half-baked.

With that in mind, I'll probably start removing everything that doesn't work
or work well yet, and re-enabling these things once they're fixed.

The existing functionality is I think an excellent start to stabilize. Once
that's done, we can think of which new features to prioritize next (which of
course also depends what people want to work on *hint* ;)).
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org