mobile ui considerations

John Smith noseygit at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 20 15:04:24 PDT 2015

If I can make some comments from a user point of view.

I currently have both the 2014 and 2015 version of the android app on a tablet and I use ithe 2015 version quite a bit. On my tablet I can read from the cloud and look at dive details but it is a little limiting occasionally.

The front end is very basic and doesn't give you a clue on what the app is/does and after loading from the cloud you can't zoom in on the profile to look at details.

The 2014 app was a little more 'pretty' and did something with my suunto when I tried to connect it but of course didn't have the cloud connection. I couldn't get it to download from dive logs.de or access a dive log via Dropbox even though it seemed to have that function. I also cannot zoom anywhere which together with my failing eyesight makes it difficult to see easily.

I prefer the 2014 front end,  although just sticking a large diver graphic on the background of the 2015 would help enormously

That said,  the only things that currently stop the 2015 version being a killer app (for me) are;

1. Ability to download from a dive computer - with cable or Bluetooth
2. Full cloud read/write
3. Zoom function at all levels