Report error received from zip_close

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 04:22:25 PDT 2015

On 26 October 2015 at 09:54, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 26 October 2015 at 18:42, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>
>> That's what I get for assuming that libzip has a stable API. Silly, of
>> course. I'll need to check the specific commit that Lubomir has tested as
>> known good and see which API is apropriate for this one (and I should
>> check if there is a way to check at compile time which API is available).

no, one of the libzip maintainers pointed out that they are making a
major API rework before 1.0 is released.

> For what it's worth, I have the version in the F22 repository,
> 0.11.2-5.fc22.  It appears that libzip v1.0 was released in May this year
> (first release since 0.11.2 in December 2013), so hopefully that means the
> API will be more stable from now on, once all the distros catch up.

months or years could pass before the distros catch up, so instead
it's probably better to maintain a local repository, the same way we
do with Marble and such.
basically, the newer libzip is only needed for Windows to work with
spacial paths (UTF-16), older libzip works fine on Linux and OSX
(UTF-8) paths but if we use new API calls from 1.0, the distro builds
will break.

a local repository is the way to go.

lubomir