User manual update: nth attempt

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 21:38:43 PDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 12:46 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> Oh, I forgot to add - I kinda like the toc on the left, but our section
> headings are way too verbose with that. Not sure what to do about this but
> I don't want the left column to be wider, but right now it's really hard
> to read. Can the font be smaller? Or can we use shortened section
> headings? Right now the readability is unsatisfying.

With the latest change in the asciidoc parameters, I also get the TOC
generated properly, but as Dirk is saying the readability isn't that
great. I was wondering if we could have the TOC enlarged when the
mouse hovers over it. Normally the headings could be cut short instead
of wrapping and when mouse hits the area we could widen it. Or we
could have the full heading line as tooltip with shortened titles (but
that would be short to browse through). Just throwing in ideas...

miika