Nightly Subsurface AppImage for most Linux distributions

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Oct 31 15:03:16 PDT 2015

> On Oct 31, 2015, at 10:57 AM, probono <probono at puredarwin.org> wrote:

>> On Fedora 20 I have
>>
>> /usr/lib64/libpng12.so.0.50.0
>> /usr/lib64/libpng16.so.16.6.0
>
> https://github.com/probonopd/AppImages/commit/b257f1c58c54b94d01372256c900f3d0205dcad9
> makes it work on
>
> * Fedora 20 (Heisenbug) - Fedora-Live-Desktop-x86_64-20-1.iso
> * Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS (Precise Pangolin) - ubuntu-12.04.5-desktop-amd64.iso

This looks very impressive! I tested it for a little while... it seems to work fine.

Which OS are you building the binary on? I would really like to have a binary
for the 4.5.1 release that I can announce publicly - and then regular builds
for whatever is in master :-)

Thanks for your work on this!

Next steps here: being able to reproduce the binary (so I actually understand
what's in there, how it works, etc), more testing, announcement.

/D

PS: I know you are set up to build this in Travis/CI for a number of reasons I'd
prefer to build my own binaries (let's just say I have control issues) :-)