Nightly Subsurface AppImage for most Linux distributions

probono probono at puredarwin.org
Sat Oct 31 19:56:40 PDT 2015

> Which OS are you building the binary on?

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin)
gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) 4.6.3

> Next steps here: being able to reproduce the binary (so I actually understand
> what's in there, how it works, etc), more testing, announcement.

I would be surprised if you run into too many issues using
https://github.com/probonopd/AppImages/blob/master/recipes/subsurface.sh
on a local Ubuntu 12.04 LTS installation.

Just leave out the final step ("Upload from travis-ci to GitHub
Releases") and replace it with the upload mechanism of your choice.

On your own machine, you might be able to generate an AppImage for
i386, but you'll have to adjust some URLs and build AppImageKit from
git (instead of wgetting AppRun and AppImageAssistant).

Let me know if you run into significant issues, then I will set up a
local build machine to replicate.

> PS: I know you are set up to build this in Travis/CI for a number of reasons I'd
> prefer to build my own binaries (let's just say I have control issues) :-)

I understand. Although I find the possibility to build automatically
upon each commit (and even every pull request) really cool. You can
set this up using your own build server too, though.