Fwd: Re: count down to Beta 1

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Tue Sep 1 03:17:31 PDT 2015

On 01/09/2015 07:58, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> So I think I have received all the fixes that I was waiting for. What's
> left to do is testing and more testing. I am thinking of doing Beta 1
> around the end of this week, assuming no show stoppers come up.
>
> Tomaz did some more work on the dive site management, including adding a
> way to merge dive sites with identical GPS locations. I'm thinking that it
> might be neat to allow a slightly fuzzy search (like a 20m radius or
> something), but that's really not a requirement, certainly not for Beta 1).
>
> I also merged all the latest patches for the deco work, Grace's Android
> updates and anything else that I saw pending.
>
> If your patch isn't in yet, please resend because I missed it.
>
> Here are the things that I'm aware of that we need to get done at some
> point during the Beta cycle (but not necessarily for Beta 1)
>
> - Uemis downloader. Guido is working on that code
> - Printing. As usual, Miika can crash things in hard to reproduce ways
> - Android app. This needs a good bit of UI love
> - Documentation
> - Translations

  Do not forget the installation of the final build of Subsurface into the
systems space. There is some contextual dependencies. Just moving the
executable from subsurface/build/ to a different directory destroys the
marble functionality on my machine.

> For the translations it would be great if people could check for
> consistency. Are all relevant strings marked for translation? Are we
> following our guideline of capitalizing the first word and havinging the
> rest lower case.
>
> The documentation will in large chunks need to be written, proof-read,
> translated. That's a HUGE pile of work. Mind you, I expect about 4-6 weeks
> of beta cycle, so there is some time.

I will get to the manual during the next week.

Kind regards,
willem