Subsurface is too tall for my display

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Sep 1 07:30:39 PDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 02, 2015 at 12:04:45AM +1000, Rick Walsh wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The main window is now too tall for my display.  I'm running Fedora 22 KDE
> on a laptop with a 1366x768 screen, and if I maximize the window the title
> bar is chopped off at the top.  If I don't maximize the window, the lowest
> part of the window is hidden below the screen, and I can't shrink the
> window vertically.
>
> I used git bisect to track down the commit to:
> commit 5db6d415986ffacf199f75e10d277934d3ff5a7b
> Author: Tomaz Canabrava <tomaz.canabrava at intel.com>
> Date:   Mon Aug 31 20:17:06 2015 -0300
>
>    Widget to show other dive sites at the same coordinates

Thanks for bisecting this. git bisect is one of the most useful tools,
ever :-)

This is our eternal struggle so I'm glad that you are testing on a
768-tall screen. I tend to do this every once in a while but I'm happy to
say that I no longer own an abomination with such a small screen :-)

That said, this is definitely one of our design goals, so we need to look
at the widgets and make sure we allow them to be small enough for this to
work.

One quick question. Does setting a smaller font change things enough to
make it fit? I kinda doubt it but I figured I'd ask :-)