smoke testing Beta 1

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Sep 3 06:56:09 PDT 2015

In downloads/daily you'll find 4.4.95 - this is actually a test for Beta 1

I'd appreciate if people could download it and try it. Does it correctly
install? Does it identify as Beta 1? Any glaring issues?

I know that Paul has Bluetooth issues with the Windows binaries. Could
others please try BT under Windows with that binary? What about printing?
Same for the Mac binaries.

I also have Beta builds for most of the Linux platforms. I'm missing
Fedora 21 / x86 and Ubuntu trusty at this point, but F22, all the openSUSE
flavors and Ubuntu vivid are ready.

Same request. Please install, check the version number, check that BT and
printing work.

Ideally I'd want to release Beta 1 later today so I'd appreciate if people
could spend a moment and report back.

Thanks