smoke testing Beta 1

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Sep 3 08:44:56 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 08:30:03AM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > The Mac version is fubar.
> >
> > /Volumes/Subsurface-4.4.96/Subsurface.app/Contents/MacOS/Subsurface —version
> > Subsurface v4.4.1-464-g70c64eaa66f4, built with libdivecomputer v0.5.0-devel-Subsurface-branch (ad4bcffa2326b8b72f35107fe8723a1dcdd564f8)
>
> COOL. Wow. I wonder how it came up with THAT number...

I have no idea why the cmake build system kept a seriously ancient
ssrf-version.h file and decided not to update it.

I manually deleted it and re-uploaded the DMG and the version number is
good now.

> > Print preview show only blank pages.
>
> Grmbl. It worked here. So it must be picking up something from my local
> files - but I tested this on a system I never built things on.

This part I haven't figure out, yet. The plugins are there as are the
templates and it seems to find things. I thought this got fixed by a
commit I did last week to change the way we initialize Grantlee.
We are back in "Don't know how to handle metatype" hell...

I'll debug this further but I won't hold up Beta 1 for it. Instead I'll
document this as a known issue.

Everyone, keep testing, please. I'd like to make sure there aren't more
surprises hidden somewhere.