smoke testing Beta 1

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 08:50:49 PDT 2015

Ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid) - extremely brief test

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 4:56 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> In downloads/daily you'll find 4.4.95 - this is actually a test for Beta 1
>
> I'd appreciate if people could download it and try it. Does it correctly
> install? Does it identify as Beta 1? Any glaring issues?

Installs properly from PPA.
checking for new version claims me to be running Beta 2, but
Help-About states Beta 1

> I know that Paul has Bluetooth issues with the Windows binaries. Could
> others please try BT under Windows with that binary? What about printing?
> Same for the Mac binaries.

Selecting 1 dive for print in 6/page template shrinks the the printed
one dive way too much, when multiple dives are selected seems to be
correct.

> I also have Beta builds for most of the Linux platforms. I'm missing
> Fedora 21 / x86 and Ubuntu trusty at this point, but F22, all the openSUSE
> flavors and Ubuntu vivid are ready.

I believe that 64bit trusty is ready and x86 almost, but those might
still be pending publishing in the launchpad.

miika