smoke testing Beta 1

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 3 11:18:55 PDT 2015

hey, Robert.

On 3 September 2015 at 19:31, Robert C. Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:

> 4) Printing: Empty pages. When running it from the command line and trying
> to print I get
>
> th-nb-tmpmbp01:build helling$
> /Applications/Subsurface.app/Contents/MacOS/Subsurface
> Map theme file does not exist: ""
> Ignoring to load the following file since it doesn't look like a valid
> Marble plugin: "/traces.log"
> Reason: "Permission denied"
> Set the current dive site: 4275619970
> Set the current dive site: 0

^ these seem like Marble issues.

> "Plugin library 'grantlee_defaulttags' not found."
> Can't load template

the plugins are not in the correct search path.

Grantlee uses:
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qcoreapplication.html#libraryPaths
QCoreApplication::instance()->libraryPaths()

and then appends:
/grantlee/5.0

on Windows that includes where the EXE is.
and if i place the grantlee_*.dll "<where_the_exe_is>/grantlee/5.0" in
there it just works.

one thing you can do is add the following line in templatelayout.cpp:
TemplateLayout::generate():
qDebug() << "PATHS:" << m_engine->pluginPaths();

and see if the shared libraries are in one of the listed paths.

i'm not familiar with the OSX package but we may have to add a
relative path to the executable explicitly:
m_engine->addPluginPath(QCoreApplication::instance()->applicationDirPath());

others have reported that they can run Grantlee on OSX, so perhaps
this is a one case scenario.

lubomir