smoke testing Beta 1

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Sep 3 11:22:51 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 09:18:55PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> hey, Robert.
>
> On 3 September 2015 at 19:31, Robert C. Helling <helling at atdotde.de> wrote:
> >
> > 4) Printing: Empty pages. When running it from the command line and trying
> > to print I get
> >
> > th-nb-tmpmbp01:build helling$
> > /Applications/Subsurface.app/Contents/MacOS/Subsurface
> > Map theme file does not exist: ""
> > Ignoring to load the following file since it doesn't look like a valid
> > Marble plugin: "/traces.log"
> > Reason: "Permission denied"
> > Set the current dive site: 4275619970
> > Set the current dive site: 0
>
> ^ these seem like Marble issues.

They are. Bloody Marble tries to open random files in the '/' directory.
When I rebased and re-did the fixes I lost the one that stopped it from
doing that. On my todo list.

> > "Plugin library 'grantlee_defaulttags' not found."
> > Can't load template
> >

> the plugins are not in the correct search path.
>
> Grantlee uses:
> http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qcoreapplication.html#libraryPaths
> QCoreApplication::instance()->libraryPaths()
>
> and then appends:
> /grantlee/5.0
>
> on Windows that includes where the EXE is.
> and if i place the grantlee_*.dll "<where_the_exe_is>/grantlee/5.0" in
> there it just works.
>
> one thing you can do is add the following line in templatelayout.cpp:
> TemplateLayout::generate():
> qDebug() << "PATHS:" << m_engine->pluginPaths();
>
> and see if the shared libraries are in one of the listed paths.
>
> i'm not familiar with the OSX package but we may have to add a
> relative path to the executable explicitly:
> m_engine->addPluginPath(QCoreApplication::instance()->applicationDirPath());
>
> others have reported that they can run Grantlee on OSX, so perhaps
> this is a one case scenario.

The crazy thing is that on my laptop I run both Subsurface.app from the
DMG and a locally built one. They both open the plugin successfully (each
in its own Contents/PlugIns/grantlee/5.0 directory - as they should). But
the one from the DMG then goes on trying to find the plugin in other
folders and finally gives up. I can't figure out why it isn't happy with
the .so it apparently successfully opens...